Visa Applications

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel.

U Visa:
U Visas are for victims of qualifying criminal activity who have suffered substantial physical or emotional abuse, have information about the criminal activity that they were a victim of, and who have or are cooperating in the investigation with the police, district attorney’s office, or the courts.

Family Based Visas:
Citizens and legal permanent residents can sponsor their family members for immigration visas. Sponsorship based on certain family relationships avoids limitations on the number of visas released each year under other categories, but more remote family links, make the visa increasingly difficult to obtain.

Visas for Fiancés of U.S. Citizens:
If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a Petition For Alien Fiancé. This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa, also known as a fiancé visa.

Once a person has successfully obtained a U.S. visa, the Rivera Julka Law Group can also assist clients to obtain a green card or asylum/refugee status.

Contact Rivera Julka Law Group of Bay Shore, New York using the form below for more information about our Visa Application services.